3000 Flow Conditioners
Try the Model 3000 Conditioner Headloss Calculator downloadable Excel spreadsheet. Enter the pipe interior diameter to calculate headloss for the Westfall model 3000 flow conditioner.
Inspired by studies of the F18 fighter jet, the leading fins of the 3000 create a vortex which is dampened by the trailing fins. The result: full conditioning in 6 diameters.
Westfall developed the Model 3000 Flow Conditioner in response to a customer’s request for a conditioner to use in situations where measurement accuracy and low headloss were of utmost importance. The unique design straightens out the flow over a short distance and creates the fully developed velocity profile necessary for accurate measurement, with minimal headloss. It is particularly effective in situations where there are pipe bends creating swirl and turbulence.
Alden Labs Simulations
Alden Research Laboratory, Inc. performed numerical simulations using the CFD software package FLUENT V6.3.26, a state-of-the-art, and finite volume-based fluid flow simulation package, to calculate the three-dimensional, incompressible, turbulent flow through the pipe and around the mixer.
Computer simulation of Westfall's 3000 Conditioner showing contours of velocity magnitude.
They simulated a 1000-cfm air flow in a 6-in Sch40. steel pipe, after two out-of-plane 90° bends. The flow conditioner is installed 4D downstream of the second bend.
Download the Alden Lab’s test results.
Download the 3000 Flow Conditioner Catalog.
Download the Japanese 3000 Flow Conditioner Catalog.
- Creates ideal conditions for accurate flow measurement, reducing flow meter error
- Provides fully developed velocity profile within 8 diameters
- Creates minimal headloss — 2/3 less than other conditioners
- Eliminates swirl induced by out-of-plane pipe bends
- Minimizes turbulence regardless of flow conditions or mal-distribution upstream
- Saves space with short installed length
- Can be fabricated from PVC, FRP, 316 Stainless Steel, with or without Teflon coating, and any other engineering materials to meet industry needs.
- Available in pipe diameters from 1/2” to 120”
- Low cost, easy installation
- Long service life and low maintenance requirements
- Municipal and industrial water treatment
- Potable water
- Waste water plants
27" 3000 Conditioner
- 304 Stainless Steel
- Exhaust Stack