3050 Static Mixer — Ultra Low Headloss
Download the NEW
Westfall Headloss Calculator Spreadsheet.
Inspired by studies of the F18 fighter jet, the fins of the 3050 mixer create focused turbulence to achieve full mixing in 10 diameters.
The Westfall Model 3050 Mixer was developed for situations with low available head. The mixer consists of a length of pipe fitted with four vanes. The tapered and curved vanes create vortices and multiple zones of turbulence that intersect to turn flow inside out. This produces good mixing while reducing headloss.
Try the Models 2800 and 3050 Mixers Cavitation Calculator downloadable Excel spreadsheet for the 2800 and 3050 mixers.
Try the Models 2800 and 3050 Mixers Headloss Calculator downloadable Excel spreadsheet. Enter the pipe interior diameter to calculate headloss for the Westfall models 2800 and 3050 mixers.
Alden Labs Simulations
Alden Research Laboratory, Inc. performed numerical simulations using the CFD software package FLUENT V6.3.26, a state-of-the-art, and finite volume-based fluid flow simulation package, to calculate the three-dimensional, incompressible, turbulent flow through the pipe and around the mixer.
Computer simulation of Westfall's 3050 Single Stage Mixer showing mixing quality with single injection.
Computer simulation of Westfall's 3050 Single Stage Mixer showing mixing quality with double injection.
Computer simulation of Westfall's 3050 2 Stage Mixer showing mixing quality with double injection.
Computer simulation of Westfall's 3050 3 Stage Mixer showing mixing quality with double injection.
Download Alden Lab’s CFD test results.
Download Alden Lab’s test results.
Download the 3050 Low Headloss Mixer Catalog.
Download the Japanese 3050 and 4000 Low Headloss Mixer Catalog.
- Mixes well in situations with low head
- Creates minimal headloss—two to four times less than other mixers
- Saves space with short pipe length—just one diameter
- Is available in pipe diameters from 1/2” to 120”
- Low cost, easy installation
- Long service life and low maintenance requirements
- Municipal and Industrial Water Treatment
- Potable Water
- Waste Water
- Chemical Blending
- Dissolving Gases
- Contact Chambers
- Flocculant Blending
- Anaerobic Digestion
- pH Control
- Product Blending
16" Westfall Model 3050 3 Stage Mixer
- Dissolving peracetic acid into influent water at 4,620 gallons per minute flow rate for gas well fracking.
- "We appreciate the promptness in getting the mixer to solve a huge problem. We look forward to building another one in the near future."
8" Westfall Model 3050 "Low Headloss" Single Stage Mixer
- Schedule 80 316 Stainless Steel
- Mixing Tabs:
- (4) 316 Stainless Steel
- 150# 316 Stainless Steel
- Arsenic treatment in the manufacturing of brine solutions, borax, boric acid, and salt.